CHD's Conflict Resolution Programs have provided mediation services and conflict management training to Contra Costa County residents and business groups for more than two decades.
Our team of approximately 100 volunteer mediators are trained and certified to resolve:
- Neighbor conflicts over noise, fences, pets, etc.
- Family disputes involving parents, teenagers, elders.
- Co-worker grievances.
- Landlord/tenant/roommate issues.
- Customer/merchant conflicts.
- Business/workplace disagreements involving employees, management, contractors, etc.
- Organization conflicts between groups such as school boards and parent associations.
- Real estate issues between buyers, sellers, contractors, and realtors.
- Homeowners' association/member disputes.
- Guardian/parent mediations concerning child custody, visitation schedules, and other child care issues.
- Under law, we can only accept cases referred by the Probate Court.
Elder Mediation Services
Our elder mediation services and facilitation training were developed several years ago in response to the growing number of senior citizens in our County. The response has been overwhelming. We are currently working at the Senior Court's civil harassment hearings and with the Senior Self Help Legal Clinic referral services. Please contact Barbara Proctor, J.D., email@example.com, to sign up for our Elder Mediation Training for experienced mediators.
Family Re-unification Program
In a family meeting setting, our staff and volunteers facilitate reuniting recently incarcerated individuals with family, friends, and community.
At the meetings, the focus is on the strengths of all family members, impact of incarceration and everyone’s hopes and goals for the client’s positive next steps in life. Our program is based on restorative justice principles and is evidenced-based. Contact Paul Taylor, MA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.